Historical records mention Castello La Leccia as early as 1077, when the nobleman Rodolfo di Guinzo bought a part of it. Given the location’s strategic importance, the castle’s rights were divided among sixteen owners. By the mid-1400s, the Ricasoli family’s rule extended over the castle and a large part of the Chianti Classico wine territory.
During the 18th century, the castle, whose hamlet had about 70 inhabitants, took on a more villa-like appearance by modifying part of the structure. The castle and its hamlet were then purchased in 1920 by the Daddi family. After a long, conscientious, and thorough restoration of the castle and its garden, Francesco Daddi—with the valuable involvement of the architect Alessandro Loni Coppedè—restored the castle to its former glory in 2012.
In 2018, the Swiss Sonderegger family took over its management, overseeing Castello la Leccia with the same passion and commitment. Because of our employees’ dedication and attention in carrying out their duties day after day, those values respectful of the environment and nature are renewed.
“The desire that inspires us the most is welcoming you into our home and sharing our profound love for this corner of Tuscany”